Fishing Skills Instructor Training,
January 31, 2019 from 6:00 pm- 9:00 pm,
Keiper Recreation Center, Williamsport
Partnering for Conservation
NPC is partnering with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC), Lycoming College’s Outdoor Leadership and Education Program, and Lycoming College’s Clean Water Institute to hold a Fishing Skills Instructor Training on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at Lycoming College’s Keiper Recreation Center. Check-in begins at 5:30pm with the program getting underway at 6:00pm. Pre-registration is required using the link below.
PFBC offers introductory programs in fishing and conservation of Pennsylvania’s waterways. These programs provide very basic fishing skills and background information.
Goals of the Program
The goals of the programs are to:
- To teach basic skills, equipment, techniques and the safety of freshwater fishing in Pennsylvania.
- To develop an understanding of the state’s aquatic ecosystems.
- To foster an appreciation of the state’s aquatic resources.
- To encourage the wise use of the state’s water resources.
- To create an awareness of aquatic invasive species (AIS)
Enrichment of Attendants
After training volunteer Fishing Skills Instructors provide programs and assist in educating people about:
- types of fish found in Pennsylvania
- fish habitats
- safety while fishing
- outdoor manners and protecting our water resources
- basic fishing skills, fishing equipment, and practice using them
- knowledge on aquatic invasive species
Register today as space is limited. Registration deadline is January 20th.