This year marks the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. While many of the community events and group clean-ups have been cancelled, there are still plenty of things you can do on this international day of environmental action.
1. Go Digital – Join Earth Challenge 2020 and become a part of the world’s largest citizen science effort.
2. Get Your Hands Dirty – Plant a tree. As the saying goes, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
– Chesapeake Bay Foundation offering tree seedlings to celebrate Earth Day
– Learn how to plant a tree
3. Make Everyday Earth Day – Make a pledge to change at least 3 daily habits; such as avoiding single use plastics, composting your kitchen scraps, or unplugging your devices! Consistent, small acts like these will reduce your carbon footprint and lead towards a more sustainable future. More Earth Day Everyday Tips here…
4. Make a Donation – Support NPC’s ongoing mission to sustain the rural landscapes and waterways of Northcental PA with a special Earth Day donation.
5. Get Outside (of course!) – Take some time to get outside and really soak up the natural world around you on this particular day. Whether it’s for a hike through the woods or a simple meander along the creek, finding time to enjoy our environment strengthens our resolve to protect it.