The Conservancy placed a facade easement on this three-story Federal-style brick building in Muncy’s Historic District. The building was constructed in 1856 to house a grocery store and general mercantile in one half of the building, while the other half was used as a residence. The third floor was constructed for the Muncy Lodge #299 F. & A. M. which met there from 1856 to1875. The building was listed in A Survey of Historic Sites and Landmarks of Lycoming County in 1971 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 as part of the Muncy Historic District. The building has been federally certified as being of historic significance.
Active in protecting buildings in Muncy’s Historic District since the 1950’s the easement donors purchased the building for the purpose of protecting its historic character. The façade easement preserves the exterior of the building and surrounding grounds from being altered in an historically inaccurate manner.